Thursday, November 15, 2007

Burnt Cookies



I was SO mad today - as you can probably see. I burnt a batch of cookies, which I just hate to do. You are so close to that sweet goodness and then after just losing your focus for a moment your chances of enjoying some warm and gooey cookies are gone. I made the mistake of calling the water company while they were in the oven. Dang it!

I was happy to see that I had enough dough to make a few more cookies. A second chance. Victory. This time I made wise decisions while they were baking and stayed aware of them throughout all 8 minutes of bake time. I called the trash company this time, but they are not quite as talkative. It is essential to stay focused on only the most important tasks. Needless to say all 6 cookies that survived will be gone by the time Aaron gets home from work.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I think this is pretty much my fav blog post yet. I miss your cooking! Evan is the cutest ever, I can't believe how big he is already! I miss you, school is fabulous this year, probably my favorite year yet. Crazy, huh? Hope things are wonderful, tell Aaron and the fam hello from the Hookers!

Anonymous said...

Making cookies!?!? Danelle you are lucky my husband doesnt read this cause then he would start thinking I needed to make cookies. Evan is sooo cute! My personal favorite is the gorilla outfit...it fits him well. Im so impressed that you have a blog maybe someday Ill get organized...yea right.

heather said...

Danelle!
Oh my goodness girl, I can't believe that you are a mom!! How old is Evan? And yes, he is so cute, I love his blue eyes! How long have you lived in Texas? The last I knew about you was when you were getting married. We couldn't go because we were living in North Carolina.
Well, I found your blog by finally opening up my old yahoo email account. I'm so glad you blog. If you are ever bored you can check out our blog www.teamwillie.blogspot.com
love ya
heather

Melissa said...

Darnelle...burning cookies? I feel like that is a slap right in my face. You know how important cookies are to me.